Thursday, December 16, 2010

Layering up


P1010602
Originally uploaded by kirijae
We had our coldest day yet yesterday, something around -11 degrees. The kids were telling me it was even colder, but I suspect that they like to exaggerate even more than I do. I do know however that it was -9 when I left work at quarter to five in the afternoon. I've become completely obsessive about checking the hourly temperature here - kinda like us Darwinites in the wet season, checking the rainfall patterns. Except here it's "wow, -5!" "Wow! -8!" or "WOW! -10!!!" only I'm not saying wow (insert expletive of your choice).
So I am becoming quite the expert at layering up - there are exactly 6 different tops on under that jacket that I'm wearing in the photo, and although you can't see it I'm wearing two pairs of tights under my jeans, which is a very tight squeeze, let me tell you. Also I finally found the answer to my predicament of "do I go for the beanie or ear muffs today?" Both dammit!! But then of course it was only -5 this morning so I got hot on my walk to work. Yes I know there's something not quite right with that statement but things have been turned upside down here in Korea. Oh and still no snow since my last post, which is the equivalent of waiting for a storm in the buildup; you know the weather would be that much better if it would just storm (or snow) already. Sorry for devoting this entire post to talking about the weather, but it seems to be all I think about these days!

3 comments:

  1. You look like a kinda anti-care bear ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome; anti-care bear - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That is REALLY cold! I know what you mean about being obsessive about checking the weather, as I am the same way here in Seattle. It's hard not to be as I am so used to the heat in Texas. Thank God it isn't that cold here! You are much tougher than I am!!

    ReplyDelete