Wednesday, September 1, 2010
About the food
I really have to start taking photos of what I'm eating, a) because it's so amazing, and b) hopefully somebody can tell me what it is. On Monday night I went to a Duck restuarant, where you bbq your own pieces of duck over the coals. It came with numerous side dishes, most of which were yummy but I didn't get to eat as much as I would have liked because duck grease and steel chopsticks don't go well together for beginners. Last night I went to another restaurant, and here I really couldn't tell you what I was eating. I sat on the floor at a really long table which the waitress proceeded to fill up with small dishes - I counted 32 before I gave up. Again most of it was pretty nice, but I have to say that there were more than a few times where I put something in my mouth and instantly regretted it - and I'm pretty open about trying anything!. Eating has definitely become an extreme adventure here. Tonight is my first night at home by myself, and I am looking forward to vegimite (big thanks to my library friends!) and toast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yes! photos of FOOD! enjoy the vegemite MATE! I love all of the little dishes you get as part of Korean food, but with at least 32, there were bound to be some "surprises". xo
ReplyDeleteHey Miss dragon I've lost the link to your blog; could you pretty please send it to me, I want to see how Darwin's restaurants are stacking up these days :-)
ReplyDeleteKiri
ReplyDeletenice to get update from you!..photos please!