Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bukhansan National Park


P1010231
Originally uploaded by kirijae
So I went hiking yesterday; today I'm not moving from the couch, or if I do, it's only to groan my way very slowly from the kitchen or the bathroom. Everything is very up or very down here! It was a good hike though 'cause I got a great view of just how enormous Seoul is. And it's all pretty much apartment blocks! I guess when 70% of your country is mountains, you have to make the best use of the tiny spaces available to fit 55 million people. Speaking of which, I've never been on such a crowded hike before; I think I was passing more people than I would on Mitchell Street in Darwin. I asked if this is usual, and apparently Sundays are even more packed, as a lot of people work on Saturdays. It gives you a real appreciation for how sparsely populated Australia is - and hopefully this doesn't make me a bigot, but I hope it doesn't change too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment