It's the Korean holiday called Chuseok next week - from what I can gather it's like Thanksgiving, only this year it goes for the whole week, so no school for me :-) Also they give gifts to each other, like this one which the school gave to all their teachers. Each one came in a big briefcase, and so I was thinking oooh what's this? Well, it's tuna, canola oil, and SPAM! To be honest I've never tried spam before - the fact that we named our unwanted mail after it has sort of put me off, but I am willing to try anything I suppose....
I have spent the last two days trying to get my bank account up and running - not an easy thing when you don't speak the language! I am so proud of myself though for working out their online banking, 'cause it made ours look incredibly straightforward. Google translator is a very good friend of mine these days - if only I could use it in real life!
This afternoon I am getting my internet finally set up at home - yay! Soon I'll have a phone, and be a regular citizen - or alien, I suppose I should call myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow a real alien :-)
ReplyDelete