Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quickest Visit Ever

So I've been back for a week now from what felt like the quickest visit home ever, probably because I crammed so much into the space of 2 weeks. It felt really strange at first to be back in Australia - everyone was speaking English! And the guys at Customs all had Aussie accents! I couldn't hear it on anyone else after getting through Customs so I'm assuming that my ability to hear an Aussie accent wore off very quickly, or else Customs guys are employed solely on the basis of their over-accented way of speaking. I swear all the girls were blonde and buxom too... Anyway, it was great to be back in Australia; the first thing I did (seriously, even before getting to my friend's place) was go to a supermarket and stare at all the people and revel in the fact that I didn't stand out - aside from being the freak staring and grinning at everybody anyway. Of course the second thing I did was have a beer, and that was pretty nice too.

I thought it would be hard coming back, but I was strangely excited when it came to it, so that was okay. Unfortunately the excitement didn't last after missing a connecting flight in Shanghai and sleeping in the airport whilst I waited for another plane - word to the wise; don't ever fly China Eastern Airways, no matter how cheap they are. They don't even have movies!

As soon as I got back into Korea I had to move apartments, so I might have to post another video soon. I really like my new apartment, even if it is much smaller. There's roughly about enough room to swing a cat if I really wanted to, so that's okay. Now I'm procrastinating doing all the study that is waiting for me...

Speaking of which, I was informed of this cool thing they do in Korea for study. Instead of studying in libraries, they pay money to study in special buildings where everyone has their own cubicle. The rules are super strict, so you have to unzip everything and open everything before you enter, so as to make as little noise as possible. And if you do happen to make a slight noise people will come and put post-it notes on your desk telling you not to do whatever activity it was that made said noise, i.e. blowing your nose, sniffing, coughing, scratching your head etc. Intense! I think I'll just study at home.




3 comments:

  1. 'Blonde & buxom' - should be the next Tourism Australia ad ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forwards to seeing your new apartments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you new place :-) and yes, I'm sure the customs guys are hired after an oral test to ensure they have good aussie speak skills ;-).
    Glad you had such a nice time when you came back and remember there's always a place to stay here xo

    ReplyDelete