So I finally got around to visiting Korea's big theme park, Everland, a couple of weeks back, and despite my original impression that it was the perfect setting for a horror movie (think homicidal clowns and ravening oompa loompas) I have to say that it was pretty much the most fun I've had as an adult. I guess fairy floss and over sized cartoon animals never get old, but the real draw for me was the crazy rides. I made the belated discovery that I'm a huge wooss when it comes to rides (I swear I remember myself to be much braver as a kid), so I spent a lot of the time at Everland with my eyes squeezed shut and my hands in a death grip on whatever safety bar was at hand. The main event was the T-express, a great big wooden monstrosity that has the claim to fame of being the most vertical wooden roller coaster in Asia. I have to say that I was genuinely scared shitless, and I'm pretty sure I dropped the f-bomb a few times at the top of my lungs, but it was a total blast.
When we weren't on rides (or in queues for rides) my friend and I amused ourselves by counting the color coordinated couples. It's a thing here in Korea that couples will coordinate their clothing to match one another. A lot go all out and have identical outfits, right down to the shoes and socks, but others are more inventive, like the couple we saw all in black and white but with opposing items of clothing, i.e. one white hat one black hat, one white shirt one black shirt etc. I find myself completely bemused by the whole thing, as I can honestly say that it never occurred to me to match what my boyfriend was wearing, but for all you couples out there, there you go...

Wow- reminds me of Zombieland- nothing like shooting Zombies on a show ride :-)
ReplyDeleteWouldn't that be the most awesome theme park?!
ReplyDeletethe colour coordination sounds like a hoot! any photos?
ReplyDelete