So enough time seems to have passed for the memory of the aches and pains of my last hike to have faded, leading me to embark on a new hike this weekend to Mount Yongmunsan, in Yangpyeong, Gyeonggi Province. Again there was a lot of up and a lot of down, but this time it was complicated by the added factor of ice. I'm not terribly stable on my feet at the best of times (something to do with a complete lack of coordination) so this meant that I was inching along at a snail's pace for a lot of the time. When there wasn't ice there was mud, a lot of which ended up coming home with me. Unfortunately mud is pretty much as slippery as ice, so I had a lovely patch on my butt to go with the mud-splattered legs, which at least amused the people who shared a train with me on the way home.
Enough complaining however (I really should have written this post when I could walk without pain again), no doubt I shall look back on it and think how great it was. It was definitely great to get out of Seoul and to see more of Korea's country side, especially while there's still snow around. I will never get bored of seeing snow - even trudging through it when you're tired and sore is somehow still cool. I will however be quite happy if I never have to walk over ice again :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've got to say, Kiri, I am loving the posts about the Korean countryside; it is really beautiful in the winter, isn't it? And, I'm sorry, I did laugh about the ending up on your bum but only because a couple of weeks ago I took all three dogs walking and a similar thing happened (much to the amusement of passers-by...)
ReplyDeleteI love sharing your out and about in Korea stuff! I too did laugh about your wet bum patch :-), still feel like laughing a bit now...I have experienced the slipperiness that is mud and ice and even SNOW - very slippery stuff. However those incidences are a blip to the experiences i recall of being out in the fresh air and the euphoria of surviving a bit of a rough hike. Keep up the cool posts, love to you.
ReplyDelete