Monday, February 7, 2011

Ice Fishing


P1020061
Originally uploaded by kirijae
So.... this is all the rage here for some reason. You're probably wondering what I'm doing, standing over a hole on a frozen river. Well actually no you're not 'cause I told you already in my post title, but I was definitely wondering what the hell I was doing as I stood dangling a fishing line over this hole for 3 freezing hours. It was strangely mesmerizing however, staring at the hole waiting for something to happen. Or maybe that was the hypothermia. The fun part was that for the rest of the day I just played in the snow like a kid - sledding, riding ATV's etc. At the end of the day when I regrouped with the guys I came with a couple of them told me that they'd been there fishing all day. I laughed out loud, and said "Really"? then realized that was a little offensive, so followed it up with "That's great... catch anything?" From the general scowls aimed in my direction I assume no...

No comments:

Post a Comment