Friday, November 26, 2010

Korean stuff

So this week was a little crazy, what with North Korea bombing South Korea and all that. Thanks to everyone for your concerned emails which were really nice to get - I honestly don't know any more than you guys, but I can assure you that if a war did break out I would be on the first plane out of here! The Korean teachers here at the school seem to be completely unphased; I'm just hoping it's not a case of the proverbial frog in the boiling pot, that doesn't notice how warm it's getting.
That aside, I have had a quiet couple of weeks, mostly just spent trying to find new and inventive ways to fit more clothes on top of other clothes. I am failing dismally at writing 50,000 words in a month - if I'm lucky I might hit 10,000. I shall pretend that what I actually meant was that I will write 50,000 words by the end of next November...
Tonight I am going to find some dutch courage and get into some noraebang (Korean karaoke) with my friend Corrie. I let it slip that I had never sung karaoke (by myself anyway), so apparently this has to be immediately addressed. At least they do it differently here - I don't have to sing in a bar, they have rooms where you go with just your friends and sing, which actually sounds pretty cool. I can definitely see Kylie and Rachel getting into that if it ever took off in Darwin. I shall post an update on how it goes if I'm not feeling completely embarrassed by the experience :-)

3 comments:

  1. You will have to let us know what you sing ('Total eclipse of the heart'; 'I was made for loving you'; 'Play that funky music') :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes..please record and upload for us Kyrie dear..and X-Mas is already here in Darwin..hope you will have great one there as well..thanks for the varieties of drinks you have sent us..i esp. liked the nut. energy drink..it is great during emergency hunger..what do you want form Darwin for X-Mas?
    will wait fo ryour answer!..till then cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I think a private room would be good, I'd like to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete