So I had my orientation this week - 3 weeks after I've started teaching, but since I didn't know I was actually getting any orientation I'm not complaining. It was rather surprisingly a lot of fun, and I learnt a lot - even came back a little inspired! I also got to meet a lot of other newly arrived English teachers which was great, as my social life was looking a little sparse. Can a social life be sparse? Anyway, you get the idea. So I'm feeling pretty happy about life in Korea this week - not that I wasn't before, but now it's starting to be fun and I'm liking my job more and more so all is well. I even came up with some games for class yesterday, and even better, the kids loved them! Sure there was an awful moment when I was explaining the game and a sea of blank faces looked back at me, but I persevered. We played a lot of games at the orientation - in fact it was like being back at school again. There was also a lot of the obligatory Korean enthusiasm for photos where we all do something stupid or make peace signs, but I'm adjusting - to my shame I actually made the peace sign without thinking about it the last time someone pointed a camera at me - nooooo!
This weekend, despite an intense desire to curl up on the couch and watch dvd's I am going to the Andong International Mask Festival, which should be fun - and at least I'm doing something cultural rather than just visiting another shopping centre. Oh and tonight I will try and post another video of the second half of my flat, seeing as only the first half of the original video successfully made it on here :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment