Monday, October 25, 2010

Lake Soyangho


P1010379
Originally uploaded by kirijae
So I managed to drag my lazy butt on another hike this weekend, and I'm happy to say that it didn't kill me quite so much as the last one did so there's hope for me yet. I'm glad I did because it was a really beautiful spot I went to, about 3 hours drive out of Seoul. The autumn colours were amazing, my camera really doesn't do them justice unfortunately. These hikes are organized by a facebook group called Seoul Hiking Group, and it's a really great way to get out and do stuff and meet people. I don't know what I'd be doing without it - probably going on more traditional tours, which are way more expensive. So I had a great day of hiking and meeting other English teachers, plus a yummy dinner afterwards, tukgolgi, which is basically some sort of fried chicken, mmm... The 3 hours of karaoke on the bus home however was a bit extreme; one Korean tradition I have yet to embrace!

2 comments:

  1. Kyrie, Kyrie, Kyrie! Get with the programme! Besides, you'll need to show us how it's done when you get back! The karaoke that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but what if all the songs she knows are in Korean? We'd have no hope!

    ReplyDelete