Saturday, March 14, 2009

Here at last :)

Yay finally here - thirty hours later. Actually had really good flights, window seats all the way, so can;t complain. I am totally in love with Singapore airport, could quite happily go for a holiday there :/

I should say first that i;m using a different sort of keyboard from what we;re used to. It took me forever to find the @ symbol, and clearly I still haven;t discovered most of the punctuation keys.

I;m staying at a pretty cute little old hostel in the old medina of Casablanca. As I type this the call for prayer is going out - at first i was a little startled at all the noise, but then i realized what it was and it;s really quite lovely - it sounds like it;s someone actually making the call, not just a recording being played, which is the only call to prayer I:d heard before. the hostel I;m staying at is in a little square full of young people - mostly guys - sitting having coffee, playing cards, chatting etc. I feel like i stick out like a sore thumb a little bit, but guess i will get used to that :) - hey just found the key for brackets :)

Tomorrow i;m catching a train to Rabat where I;ll be staying most of the time, will get to meet the other volunteers. I;m really looking forward to it, finally getting started i spose. Will post again soon when i have more stories to tell and when I;ve sampled some of the local cuisine - so far i;ve just eaten a lot of plane food, and no-one really wants to hear about that !

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kiri, Great to hear you made it safely. Sounds amazing already. Take care, Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kiri sounds interesting and its only just the first day!! Looking forward to more- Rachel

    ReplyDelete